23 March 2010

Combat Boots & Care Packages

Okay! I think I got the design the way I'd like it for now.

I really, really, really miss Joshua. I've been going>going>going nonstop since he left, but I think it all caught up with me yesterday and today. I've just been exhausted, and to be honest... completely miserable.

On the bright side, I did receive my first two letters from Joshua yesterday. He was also able to call me last Friday and Saturday. He sounded wonderful on the phone. He asked me to send him new boots, and after a couple hours of research and coupon hunting online, I got him these:


(Honey, I hope they're what you want.) There were only a million different boots to choose from! Not really. But definitely over 25. I wish he had internet access or phone access so I could show/ask him, but I've already ordered them and they're en route my house. I wish they would've sent to an FPO address, but that wasn't an option.

In other bright news, I've sent out three care packages so far...

An Easter care package:

A home-baked care package:

And an "essentials" care package:

Last weekend, I drove down to Maryland to visit Genna, whose fiancĂ© is in Joshua's unit and over in Afghanistan with him right now. They're in different companies, thus also different places, but it was so nice to spend the weekend with her. We're both in the same situation right now, planning our weddings without our men here, and neither of us are in the mood to go out drinking or to parties. Instead, we did just what we wanted to... stayed in for a girls night baking cookies and cakes for the boys. 

We made dozens of cookies to split between Joshua and Codey, and had a success at making our first ever "cakes in a jar!" It was easy and lots of fun. Here are some photos our our success:






So all in all, a good weekend but a not so great week so far. Maybe I'll get a call soon, maybe I'll get out of this mood, or maybe the shitty weather will clear up and I'll start feeling better because of that. Sigh. Either way, I'm glad I started this blog.

Drop a note if you're reading, please! ♥

6 comments:

  1. I know we always say, "I know that feeling," but honestly that "deployments suck" feeling is different for everyone I'm sure, because it comes on different days and for different reasons for everyone. But don't forget to take a breather, girl!!

    It's kinda pathetic, but some days I just have to let myself be miserable! Maybe that is not a good thing; I don't know. I'm too much of a melancholy. :/

    In other news, I LOVE your boxes!! You are definitely an artist! They are so adorable!! And I am definitely trying that cake jar!!

    Hope you have a better day tomorrow! I will pray for some sunshine to be sent your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, you're so artistic! I love the blog, and I love the pics! And, you knw, if staying in baking cookies is what makes you happy, please know that you have a willing recipient down here in South America too :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blog dani and love the care packages. I hope things get better for you with the upcoming good weather and visit to me in a little over a month. Can't wait to plan our weddings together and share these special times with you and remember I'm always here for you:)- Nik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, wifey!! Everyone needs some down time, time to themselves, and time to be miserable and hating their present situation. I definitely had a day like that on Friday, going into Saturday. Go to work though tomorrow, schwester, we can sulk together in 4 days.

    P.S. It's ALMOST 3 weeks down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made Ryan Cake in a Jar when he was in Iraq and it was a huge hit! It also took FOREVER to reach his outpost, way over a month and a half, but it was still good when it got there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dani,
    I stumbled onto your blog, and I love it so far!

    I'm a Marine wife with a deployed husband, and I adore how you decorated the care packages. You're so creative. (:

    Anyway, I'm glad everything is going well with Joshua's deployment, and that he's safe.

    Semper Fi,
    CourtneyNicole

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!