30 April 2010

MilSpouse Blog Hop

Hello blog friends! Tonight I'm joining in on Riding the Rollercoaster's Military Spouse/Fiancée/Girlfriend Blog Hop. Check out her blog if you'd like to join. To all my family and friends who may read this (and eventually someday, Joshua)... a "blog hop" is just a fun way to meet other bloggers... in this case, military bloggers! All you have to do is post a brief bio and link back to Rollercoaster's blog for the other ladies participating!

My blog is still relatively new (I just started it last month, so my first post isn't too far back), but just to give you an idea of who I am and why I'm blogging...

I'm Dani and I'm 24 years old (turning 25 in less than 2 weeks!) I'm a graphic designer and I design food packaging for a supermarket chain in the upper northeast.

The love of my life, Joshua, is in the USMC infantry and was recently deployed to Afghanistan. This is our second deployment together and much harder than the first! We have little communication and his battalion has been getting hit hard ever since he first got over there.

We met while I was working in Cleveland, OH and he was home on leave. For me, it was a temporary position before I moved back home, and I truly believe that the only reason I moved to Cleveland was to meet Joshua... that it was fate. I was there for 6 months before finding a bigger and better job where I am now, and a month before I left, I met him! I worked with his parents and they introduced us.

We've been doing the long distance from New York to North Carolina for over two years now, including an Iraq deployment and this one to Afghanistan. He proposed to me last summer and right now I'm in the midst of planning our June 2011 wedding! I'm moving down to be with him once he's home from Afghanistan.

I started this blog to help me through my fiancé's deployment, and I'm using it as an outlet for all the things I love: Joshua, scrapbooking, shopping, music, books, family fun, design, my amazing girlfriends, movies, traveling, and wedding plans! And of course, even though I may not always *love* his job, lots and lots about the USMC, my life as a future Marine wife, and my acclimation to the military world!

So that's what this is about... Hard Corps Love! Please leave a comment to let me know you're reading! I'll be following up on the blog hop to add new friends and readers later this weekend. Have a great night. ♥

18 comments:

  1. Hi! Just dropping by on the bloghop :) I have to say, you have one of the cleverest blog titles I've seen. ;) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just started following your blog courtesy of the MilSpouse Blog Hop. Your story is really cute and I look forward to reading more!

    Mrs Somarriba at
    http://thesomarribas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psshhh..I already follow you, because your RAD! Just showing you some extra lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I found you on the Mil Spouse Blog hop. I love the name of your blog, very cute! I can't wait to read more.

    Welcome to the Marine Corps!

    http://sarahv2010.blogspot.com/2010/04/mil-spouse-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you just love finding new blogs....Thanks to the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following your blog via the MilSpouse Blog Hop! I look forward to reading more!
    -Heather
    http://heatherashleydz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, new follower here. I am looking forward to reading some more posts. I found your blog through the Milspouse Blog hop. Stop by my very new blog The Marine && A Civilian;;

    www.jleigh2011.blogspot.com

    --The Civilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up on the blog hop! I'm already a follower so I'm just stopping by to say hi. Hope you're meeting some great people on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dropping by from the blog hop. Hello and welcome to blog world (and soon to the Marine corps world!) from another usmc wife :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you, found you on blog hop. Can't wait to read more!
    - ines

    thefewtheproudthewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I am a new follower. I found you via the BlogHop. Looking forward to reading more!!!

    http://southernbelle23.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dani! Fellow Marine Wife here, who is also staitoned in NC. Found you via the bloghop -- and love how you two met! Fate truly works in magical ways! Look forward to reading more!

    Ashley @ ourlittledevilpup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following your blog via the hop! :)



    http://currentlyonland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading for a while but just wanted to let you know! I'm planning our wedding too, we have that in common! :)

    Reina @ sempergumbythelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. following your blog through the blog hop! excited to read more!

    http://thoughtsbykaylee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a new follower from the blog hop. I can't wait to read more. :-)

    The Wifey @ thehaumschiltfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for reading my blog...I've been slowly getting through the list on the blog hop so I'm glad you found mine first! I always love hearing from fellow Jersey girls :-). I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the comment and follow. i can't wait to read more of your blog!
    i'm so addicted to the bride quartet, i'm actually reading this book slowly so that it wont end and i wont have to wait a few months for the new one to come out...lol.
    -ines

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!