Hope Floats, Laura at Diamonds & Dog Tags, and Mrs. Ma'am at My Life as an Air Force Wife for the *Friendly Blogger Award*! The rules of the award are to post it to your blog, write five things you love to do, and then pass it on to five other friendly bloggers.
Five things I love to do:
1. I ♥ to scrapbook: After long weeks at the office designing on the computer each and every day, it's so nice to be able to sit down and actually work with my hands and be crafty. Photoshop and Illustrator are great, but I miss glue sticks, stickers, and funky scissors when I spend too much time doing what they pay me to do! I love graphic design, but it's also a job. Scrapbooking is just for fun and just for me!
2. I ♥ to make care packages: They make me feel closer to Joshua. I try to make them as personalized as possible, and I like to imagine his reactions when he opens the boxes and what he likes and eats or takes out right away. They just... help. And I like to think they help him, too.
3. I ♥ to LEAVE the gym! I hate going to the gym, I hate being at the gym, but by the time I leave the gym... I feel fantastic! Seriously, great feeling.
4. I ♥ to go to the movies: I know it's expensive, but going to the movies is such an escape from reality. I love taking a break from the world to get lost inside a movie theater for a couple of hours, where the room is dark and everything around me smells like buttered popcorn and chocolate. Yum!
5. I ♥ to check things off my to-do list: I'm obsessed with to-do lists. Seriously, my day planner is my bible. I keep lists for everyday, every month, and even a list of life goals in there. I'm nuts, I know, but when I check things off (and date them, because I'm psycho), I just feels so GOOD afterwards!
Next, thank you to Allie at My Marine and Me and Steph at Watching Airplanes for the *I Love Your Blog* award! The rules for this one are to list 10 things I love and to pass it on to 10 other bloggers.
Ten things I love:
I love my baby more than anything in the world. He absolutely completes me and is my hero and everything I want in my husband-to-be!
Can you say... retail therapy? It's a problem.
3. Long showers
The shower is my only "me" time, when I can really think and just relax. I take my time in the shower and love it!
4. Wedding plans
Seriously, SO much fun. I wish I had my love with me while I move ahead with the planning, but it's still a blast to scheme and dream and create our perfect day.
Mmm. Joshua and I love burritos. I haven't had one since he left because I feel so guilty that he can't be here having them with me, since it's kind of our "thing." I can't wait until he's home again so we can go to Moe's or Chipotle!
I love eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, mascara, all of it. I like to use brushes and mix colors and play around. It's like painting! Joshua hates makeup and always scolds me for putting on my "face paint." Even though I usually keep it pretty light and natural!
I hate pants, really. I love dresses. They're fun, flowy, and feminine. If I could wear a dress everyday, I would!
8. My independence
I love having my education, my career, and my own life apart from Joshua. As much as I adore him and can't wait to spend every second of the rest of my life with him, we both believe it's important in a relationship to have our own interests and goals, in addition to those we have together. Not to mention, girl time with my friends!
9. PAY DAY!
Cha-ching! Money may not buy happiness, but it sure does buy a lot of pretty things. :)
10a. New military friends
It's so nice meeting other girls and women going through the same crap I am right now. Not even crap, but just this new lifestyle I'm becoming accustomed to. I have my best friends from high school and college who know me inside and out and are constantly here for me too, but even they are glad I've met new friends online and through this blog to help me through this with a different perspective and understanding. Yay to new friends!
10b. My darling best friends
Because they're just too awesome to not let everyone know I love them. I'm blessed with amazing girlfriends, it's just too bad they all are scattered across the east coast and I don't see them nearly as much as I'd like to!
10c. My family
My mom, my dad, my brother, and my cousins are incredible too, and I love them all through thick and thin. We've had a rough go lately, but we'll still a family despite it all!
So, as far as giving these awards out... I'm going to mix it up and give both awards to FOUR fellow bloggers who started their blogs recently and have Marines deployed with Joshua. We're all using our blogs as a coping mechanism, and they've been great friends through both blog and Facebook thus far... enjoy ladies!
Annie at simplify
Kristine at Sitting Waiting Wishing
Sydnie at First shot at this
Jessica at Jessikuh
These girls are great and I always look forward to reading their posts.