20 May 2010

Southern Bound

Just wanted to update quickly to tell my blog friends that on Tuesday night, I got a call for a job interview in Beaufort, NC that is TOMORROW! I've spent the last two nights updating my resume and portfolio like a mad woman (I SO was not ready for this), and I'm headed out right now to drive down to NC overnight! My mom is accompanying me for the drive and we have a lovely hotel reserved in Emerald Isle... one of Joshua and my favorite places. I haven't talked to him in over a week and haven't told him about it yet, but he knew I applied. Wish me luck! I'm a little skeptical about the position (50% marketing/sales, and only 20% design work) but it'll be good experience and it's one step closer to my goal of moving south when Joshua returns from Afghanistan. Rah!

9 comments:

  1. congrats! thats so exciting keep us updated!....PS coming up on the halfways mark in a few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the interview and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore Beaufort NC. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower of your blog :].

    My Fiance is in the Air Force, and it is so comforting to know that there are other women out there that are going through similar things as me.

    ps. Good luck! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment! I originally heard the song from Three Doors Down, but I think Evan and Jaron might have recorded it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!