15 June 2010

Life in Pictures

This is kind of a follow-up to yesterday's post. By the way, to those of you who mentioned wanting/needing a planner, I've checked out tons at all the office supply stores and bigger stores, and the best by far are at Target. They're called 365 by Franklin Covey, and in my experience you can't really find them online, you have to go in-store for them. They're a little pricey (around $20) but TOTALLY worth it for the amount of organization they allow you. I keep addresses, daily to-do lists, business cards, passwords, budgets, random lists, car details, seriously everything in mine. Yes— it would totally suck if I lost it. That's why you'll either never see me without it or never see it period... if I'm not holding it, it's hidden away somewhere! Haha, yes I'm a strange one and a little OCD.

Now onto pictures! Last month I went down to New Jersey to take some engagement photos of my darling friend Nikki and her fiancé Anthony (whose wedding I will be a bridesmaid in and she will also be in mine!) down at the good ol' Jersey shore. Here are a few of my favorites...




I'm not a photographer by any means, but I took enough courses throughout college to know how to use my camera! I think they came out super cute, and Nikki seemed pleased with the result.

We used the photo session as an excuse to have a mini-reunion with some of my favorite Jersey girls... I graduated high school in NJ and lived there from 5th through 12th grade, and then a few years of college. Love these ladies!
Going for a ride in Ashley's mini
Our traditional color coordinated photo-op (we've been doing this for years)
Another tradition... the goofy version!
Also in May, I was super excited to go to Marine Week in Boston! I did a 5K with Sue (one of my Jersey girls above, also my maid-of-honor) and Kristine (a fellow Marine's girl whose husband is with Joshua in Afghanistan).

Pinning on numbers and getting ready to race!
And then... it downpoured. But a little rain didn't get us down!

Ooh rah Marine Corps Honor Run racers!
After the race, Sue and I went galavanting around Boston in the rain to all of the lovely exhibits and sites set up for Marine week. A few favorites:

The fact that I had to travel all the way to Boston just to see a little bit of camo is just plain sad!
It deserved a drink... too bad these mugs were empty and nailed to the table
There just aren't words for this one
Probably my favorite pic of me and Sue EVER!

And then of course, there is the job interview I had in North Carolina (which sadly, I did not get, but it did allow for a mini vay-cay with my mama)...

The gorgeous view from our hotel in Emerald Isle
My favorite new dress that my friends will probably see me in a million times this summer
Just last weekend, Felice came up to visit and she, my mom and I took a dinner cruise on the steamboat I'm getting married on!

Ready to relax after a fun day of bridesmaid dress shopping
Check out my gorgeous mama! Upper deck
Felice and I on board... just picture this with color coordinated linens and chairback covers. Yay!
Those are the fun things I wanted to share for the night. Just in time for my 11pm curfew! I actually didn't get to bed until 11:30pm last night, and didn't fall asleep until half an hour later. But I did still get up around 5:45am and did Day Two of my P90X workout! It was ridiculously hard. I'm achy all over and super sore! Ow.

5 comments:

  1. so glad you are blogging again... I glean inspiration from you blog! :) lol... seriously though, love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm sorry about not getting the job... That hotel looks kinda like the one Mike and I stayed at when we got engaged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! I am a Jersey girl too now living in VA... I want to go down the shore so badly but I doubt I will have time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you had so much fun!!! You look gorgeous by the way

    Musings Of An Army Wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about time you updated your blog, since you wanted me to start one SOOOO badly!
    I love the "photo update" on your life! The boat looks amazing! I can't wait to go dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!