21 June 2010

Patriotic Cupcakes!

It was a busy weekend celebrating Father's Day x2 for me... on Saturday, I spent the day mini-golfing and having lunch with my Daddy dearest because he was traveling on Sunday. Instead, I went to my uncle's house and spent actual Father's Day with him and my cousins. I have to get off to work right now, but later tonight I have a scrapbook page to post and my P90X week one recap! I just finished up this morning's workout and I'm feeling GREAT!

I wanted to share these cupcakes I made Memorial Weekend... great for fellow mil•spouse bloggers, or anyone who is feeling a little patriotic or festive like I am most of the time! I combined a few ideas I found floating around online with the flag tops and red/white/blue layers inside.



To make them striped, divide regular white cake batter into three bowls... keep one white, color one with red food coloring and the third with blue food coloring. 

To make the tops, the "stripes" in the flag are fruit roll-ups or fruit-by-the-foot and the "stars" are blueberries!

They might look a little messy, but they sure were tasty. Have a great day everyone! :-) 

5 comments:

  1. the cupcakes are awesome I will def be trying that out sometime! so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute!! These will be perfect for 4th of July!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the fruit roll-ups and blueberries idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmyy!!! those look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower :) My boyfriend is in the military.

    Those cupcakes look yummy! I think I'm going to go make some for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!