23 June 2010

Sugar Doll Award

Thank you to Katie at Beautiful Mess for The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award! I received three blog awards recently, but I'm going to post them one at a time so I can take the time to award my fellow bloggers. So this one asks that I post 10 things about myself and then pass the award onto 10 people. Here we go!

  1. I had the perfect childhood... it had everything but the white picket fence. My friends called us a "sitcom" family because we had the mom, the dad, the daughter, the son, and the little white dog.
  2. My parents separated a year and a half ago, and it's one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I saw a therapist and she helped. Her name was Lucy.
  3. Right before my parents separated, my dad's brother left his wife and my mom's brother left his wife... then my dad's brother got together with my mom's brother's ex-wife. So all my aunts and uncles are still the same... talk about awkward!
  4. I've moved more times than I can remember off the top of my head.
  5. I'll try to remember all of the places I've moved, yeah? Location A in Upstate NY for one year; Langhorne, PA for 2 years; Prospect, CT for 2 years; Location B in Upstate NY for 3 years; Location C in Upstate NY for 2 years; Sparta, NJ for 10+ years... then we move into the college years. Boston, MA for 1 year (moved twice between dorms); Albany, NY for 3 years (moved into a different off-campus apartment all three years); New York City, NY for 3 months; Cleveland, OH for 6 months; Location D in Upstate NY for 1 year; Location E in Upstate NY for the past year.
  6. "Location E" is home with my Mom... my apartment lease was up right around the time my parents separated and Joshua and I got engaged. I moved home to save money for our wedding, and to be here for my mama.
  7. I love my job— I'm a packaging designer for a supermarket chain and it's oh so fun.
  8. I'm about to take one of the biggest risks of my life. You will hear more about this in the months to come. It involves another big move.
  9. I have a lot of ideas as to how to turn my degree and interests into a "portable career" as a military wife... I'm working on them currently and reading lots of books about business.
  10. As I write this, I'm watching the cast of Eclipse on Jimmy Kimmel and I'm getting soooo excited for the premiere next week! My co-workers pre-ordered our tickets for the midnight show on the 29th.... eeeee!

I'm passing this award onto the past 10 bloggers who have left me comments, because I think you're all sugar dolls for leaving me comments even though I owe them back to all of you! I promise to catch up with that soon. Thanks for being so awesome!

  1. Carmen at We See the Same Stars
  2. Lindsey &Co at A day in the life of a Marine Corps wife...
  3. Jordan at Writing Letters in My Scrubs
  4. A Marine's Wife! at Flip Flops and Combat Boots
  5. Annie at Simplify
  6. Jessikuh at jessikuhhx.blogspot.com
  7. Skinnie Piggie at skinniepiggie.blogspot.com
  8. HellcatBetty at hellcatbetty.blogspot.com
  9. Whitney at Everything Happens For a Reason
  10. Sarah at Adventures in Life

I'll be by soon to leave comments!

5 comments:

  1. crazy about your aunts and uncles...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ;).... that's a lot of moving!! and good luck on your risk taking!! I'm risk taking too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way! Thank You!!!! :) I feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the *sweet* award!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!