04 July 2010

Counting Down the Days

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I'm really missing my love today... This is the first 4th of July we've spent apart... and this time last year was when he proposed to me. I last spoke to him last Wednesday, but since then I've heard that it's been a really rough week for his unit in Afghanistan. They lost another Marine and have had many more injuries. I'm praying hard everyday and so very thankful that the man I love is over there fighting for our freedom every day! I LOVE YOU, JOSHUA!!! ♥

Sooo I do have a patriotic themed care package planned, but I'm going to combine it with his birthday package (July 25th) to send later this week. For now, this is a package I sent awhile back that I wanted to share. The theme of this one is "Counting Down the Days," and it has Joshua's #1 requests... socks and pictures of me. Haha. It's so weird to take/print pictures of myself to send to him, but hey... what my man wants, my man gets. Anything I can to make this deployment a little easier on him! (And for you pervs out there, they are all FULLY CLOTHED & CLEAN pictures of me. I'm not sending anything that could be intercepted by terrorists or dirty Marines! lol)






Have a happy holiday, everyone! I'll be staying in this holiday... getting projects done and organizing for my big move when my love returns. Semper fi!

8 comments:

  1. That care package is awesome! I wish I was creative like that. I did try to put Christmas paper in his package though and it looked *sort of* cute, haha. Love it though! I know that spending the 4th of July away from him is rough but once he comes back everything will be made up for =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put together the BEST care packages, seriously! The things you do to the flaps of the box are GREAT!!! He must love them! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a care package genius! all of your care packages are a work of art! You make the best ones! You're man is super lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, you are a care package genius! since my hubby is on a sub we can't send packages, every once in awhile we can send a mail drop but we have to stuff everything into a gallon size ziploc bag, you know how hard it is to be creative with a ziploc?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chica~ Responding from Missouri, where I'm spending the 4th with my bro and sis in law :) Cute box!! yeah, it's weird printing out pictures of myself... lol. Roo asks for pics too. We should chat this week. ttyl girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO creative! Is it bad that I get kind of -excited- for deployment thinking about things like that? I always feel like the absence really does make us so much stronger (and we're a lot nicer to each other when we're apart, too). These kinds of things that just show our love and devotion to our boys is such a part of what makes this worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be the cutest care package ever. He will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!