24 August 2010

{Ten On Tuesday} RETAIL THERAPY edition

As the deployment gets closer, I've turned to retail therapy to help me through this last stretch of it before I move. Not good for my wallet, I agree... but I've hit some really good sales AND I keep telling myself that very soon, I won't have the money to buy these things anymore... so I'm stocking up now!

1 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Aldo Accessories
One of my best friends, Sue, said I needed a new "statement bracelet." She helped me find this pretty thing at Aldo Accessories... I had store credit from a recent return, so I didn't have to pay full price! Nice.


2 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Gap Outlet
These are my favorite ever T-shirts from the Gap. They're stretch... the few I've had, I've had for years and they wash really well and never shrink. I got a new black, white, royal blue, and deep teal one this past weekend. I also got two dresses a few weeks ago, also at the Gap Outlet... one was only $5!



3 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ JCPenney
This is one of my favorite purchases this summer from JCPenney. I wore it to both weddings I went to in July & August, and I'll mostly likely wear it to the October wedding I'm going to. Different crowds, so why not re-wear? P.S.— It kills me that this dress is now on sale for only $35. I definitely paid more!


4 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ DSW
I bought these lovely heels at DSW to wear with the above dress. You can't really tell from the photo, but the dress has little splashes of purple throughout. I wanted to bring out the color.


5 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Pampered Chef
My friend Alison from work invited me to her sister's Pampered Chef party a few weeks ago. I love Pampered Chef! I can't wait for my order to come in. I got my first piece of stoneware... a bar pan so I can make pizza, coffee cake, and a bunch of other recipes I want to try that require a pan like this. Yay! I also got my favorite spatula my mom has, a cooling rack for all the cookies I intend to make for Joshua, and a recipe book.


6 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Le Gourmet Chef
For my birthday this past May, mom's boyfriend Allen gave me a gift card to Le Gourmet Chef to put toward the KitchenAid I really, really want. Since they're so expensive though, I'll have to wait for that purchase. Until then I picked up this neat cookie scoop. You know, for all the cookies I'm making for Joshua, to fatten him up after his 20+ pound weight loss this deployment. Sneaky, sneaky! I also got a great cutting board and a lemon zester!


7 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Victoria's Secret
In my quest to find the perfect dress to wear to Joshua's homecoming (which I DID find at VS, but I'm not sharing until after homecoming!)... I got this pretty red sundress. I also discovered the bandeau... SO awesome to wear under low-neck tops. I got it in black lace. Bandeaus are awesome! Note to friends— if you ever order from VS, be sure to Google coupons. There are always tons online and I got a great deal!


8 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Pandora
I'm seriously loving the latest lion bead I got for my Pandora bracelet. Joshua has a lion tattoo on his chest, and my favorite quote ever is, "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." Yeah yeah, it's from Twilight. But anyway, my co-worker showed me this bead and told me it was retiring and so I just had to have it. Adore!


9 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ American Eagle
I need more casual, warm weather clothes for the big move to NC, so when I found this pink sweetheart neckline strapless top at AE, I got it. With a coupon, of course!


10 ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Barnes & Noble
For my long road trips to North Carolina, I started reading books on tape. I've been collecting each of the books in Nora Robert's Bride Quartet series. I was so excited when the third book was published on audio, and I've waited all summer to buy it so I could save it for the move south. Then, a new book called Creative Inc. that I saw on a few blogs I read came out for freelancers... perfect timing for my next big adventure!


Okay... no more shopping for me! For awhile! For real!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that charm!! You have stellar taste. I love that red dress from VS!! See you soon, chica! (good idea with the books on tape!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barnes and Noble and Victorias Secret are my favorites. I love shopping at VS with my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously pay for at least one part-time worker at both B&N and VS!!! I am there a lot (since there's not much else in Jacksonville:( We should meet up when you move here!! There are so many awesome antique shops in Swansboro! Sweet Potato, Secret Treasures...I Die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the same shoes in red and love love looove them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!