01 September 2010

30 Days Hath September...

...and I'm making it my personal goal to blog as often as I can! I think it will help me stay on task, connected, and inspired as everything around me changes. Whoo hoo!

My love was able to call last night before going out on his next rotation/patrols. Hopefully I'll hear from him in another week... I wish I could hear from him now though, since I just found out another Marine in his platoon was killed today. It's so, so scary... THIS CLOSE to homecoming?! I've felt sick to my stomach all day.

Luckily, we were able to talk a bit about the move, and he convinced me to stay in New York for another week to get everything done that I need to before I go so I don't have to come back and forth as I was originally planning. Our lease started today and I didn't want to lose two weeks of the month by staying in NY, but he had a good point that I'd be losing the time anyway by going back and forth. Such a smart future husband I have. :-)

Tomorrow after work is the big goodbye party my co-workers are having for me, and Friday is my last day. Eeee! I have so much planned for after I leave though that I still don't think I'll have any time to be bored. Packing, purging, wedding planning, designing... still a very busy girl!

Have a great September, friends! 

3 comments:

  1. You should do the 30 days of Me things that everyone was doing. I did it, it was pretty cool. It gives you stuff to write about for 30 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you will be very busy. That is so sad that they have come so far and losing people. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about doing a 30 day thing (I did the 30 day meme before and that was fun). I will continue to pray for your fiance's platoon and that they come home safely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!