12 September 2010

Boston, Pink Hair, & Parties

Me & Sue
Boston was, of course, a fabulous time with Sue and Amanda. Sue looks FANTASTIC despite her recent surgery, and insisted on taking the T instead of letting me drive us to Quincy Market. We picked up lunch at the marketplace in Faneuil Hall and ate outside on the steps so we could people-watch. I miss Boston so much. If I could choose to live anywhere in the world, it would be Boston again. If only there were a Marine Corps base there!

Amanda & Sue
After lunch, we shopped around a bit at Urban Outfitters. I got the most awesome pint glasses there for Joshua & my apartment! Then Sue took us for cupcakes in the North End at a little Italian bakery called Modern Pastry. We sat outside and enjoyed them, then headed back to Sue's apartment and Amanda and I headed home to NY not too late.

Modern Pastry

Friday, at my hair appointment, I got a full head of highlights for Joshua's homecoming (quite the treat since I usually only do a half head!). I also donated $10 to Pink Hair for Hope for breast cancer awareness and got a hot pink hair extension. It's so cute! I asked her to put it in so it's hidden... so it's behind my ear and you can't really see it unless I put my hair in a half ponytail. I feel like such a little rebel with my streak of hot pink hair! Check here to see if a salon in your area is participating.

Today was the surprise 50th birthday party for my aunt. She was completely shocked and it was so nice to see everything being done for her for a change since she's always the one to give, give, give. Her birthday isn't until October, but my uncle wanted to throw her off. It was the first family function where my dad brought his girlfriend and my mom met her... it was weird. Nothing horrible happened, it was just an interesting party. My mom didn't bring her boyfriend, either. We went together. It was catered at a family member's house, and my uncle hired a DJ and a magician. Yes, magician! So silly. It was great to see my cousins and family friends before heading south, though. Good day!

I broke my to-do list down a bit more. It helps me, haha. It also helps when my real-life friends comment on my list and ask what else I've finished and what I still have to do. Thanks, friends!

TO DO:
1. clean/organize bedroom 
  • closet
  • bookshelf
  • desk
  • dressers
  • shoes
  • makeup
  • jewelry
  • hair accessories
  • bags & purses
  • scrapbook supplies
  • wedding things
2. organize boxes in basement 
  • college papers
  • art portfolios
  • art supplies
  • extra clothes
  • winter clothes
  • kitchen things
  • decor things
  • desk supplies
  • sewing supplies
  • books & magazines
  • Joshua's things
  • holiday decorations
3. pack!!! 
  • kitchen
  • bathroom
  • sheets & linens
  • towels
  • toiletries
  • clothes
  • shoes
  • makeup
  • jewelry
  • hair accessories
  • perfume
  • nail polish
  • bags & purses
  • scrapbook supplies
  • desk supplies
  • DVDs
  • books
  • workout gear
  • iMac & laptop
  • Joshua's things
  • portfolio
  • stationery
4. send clothes to Good Will
5. make appointment with event planner 
6. update wedding binder
7. get car visor replaced 
8. make hair appointment 
9. organize boxes in garage
10. photograph portfolio 
11. return clothes to Victoria's Secret
12. send claim for contacts to insurance
13. update recipe binder
14. burn backup CDs of photos
15. load new music to iMac
16. scan scrapbook layouts 
17. organize/pack Joshua's things
18. prep Mom for her interview :-)

TO GO:
20. BJ's with Uncle Tom 
21. meet with 1st event planner 
22. crepes with Alison & Liz 
23. visit Sue in Boston 
24. hair appointment 
25. Aunt Vicki's surprise birthday party

Okay, so since I had to add some things to my list, I also had to take some things off. I didn't go to the meeting with the 2nd event planner or to Alison & Eric's party. I also didn't make plans to meet Beth & Josh for lunch, or the florist or DJ. I'll have to wait until I'm next home in October to do that. Just too much to do, and I'm supposed to leave tomorrow! Ahhhhh! Freaking out now. Maybe I should wait to leave Monday afternoon, when my Mom & cousin Matthew are leaving to come down to help me move in? I was trying to get a head start, but... there's still so much to be done.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time, thanks for the visit!

    Good luck with your crazy to-do list!!!
    One word comes to mind when I see that list...
    AHHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove black and white cookies. Those look good!

    You crossed off so many things! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the baked goods makes me really hungry. Time to eat!

    Glad you got a lot of things done your to-do list! I want to see pictures of your hair! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your to-do lists. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. and please drive safe whenever you decide to leave. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!