Ugh. I've seriously been slacking with my scrapbooking. Here I thought, "Oh, I'll have so much time to work on my albums when I move to NC and start freelancing!" Right? Wrong. Oh, so wrong. When I'm not working on my website or current jobs, I'm perusing the internet and reading blogs. Serious addiction. Must put an end to it, soon.
And then, when Joshua and I are home together, we're too busy making new memories for me to sit around scrapbooking old ones. Sigh. Yet there is still so much I want to scrapbook! Like our relationship, for one. The past three years of our lives together!
So this is what my scrapbook situation looks like now. I have all albums from high school (1999-2003) completed. I have a few pages of my sophomore year of college (2004), a few pages of when I moved to Cleveland (2007), and a few pages of my "Joshua" album done.
Rather than backtracking to 2003 when I started college, I want to scrapbook what's current while it's fresh in my mind... then I'll go back and do those other years. So I've started working on our travel album. This is how I want the scrapbook situation to end up:
- Travel album— The first 2 1/2 years of our relationship were long distance, traveling state-to-state. I want this album to be all of those adventures.
- The Story of Us album— Key moments of our relationship, from they day we met to milestones today.
- USMC album— An album for Joshua of his deployments and Marine Corps events.
- Wedding album— All things wedding, including the big day, once we're married.
- Family album— Events with family.
- Friends album— Events with friends.
Here are some snapshots of my last scrapbook session last month. It's the first page of our Travel album, of the first weekend we ever spent together in St. Augustine, Florida. Lots more pics for this event to share, but at least I got it started!