11 February 2011

11 in '11 | February Update (Part 1)

{Take for your blog!}
Hello, February! I seriously don't feel that I did a whole lot toward my resolutions this past month, so I'm looking forward to breaking it down right now and getting pumped for March's edition!

1. FASHION | Find my personal style and be more fashionable.
  • Okay, so... I've been making modest attempts this past month. When I leave the house, that is. When I'm home, I'm in yoga pants and sweatshirts all day. Ha. I guess that's the beauty of having a "home office," eh? But seriously, I do take my time to assemble my outfits when I'm going out, and I even count the gym as "going out" (it's amazing the things that become outings when you do stay at home all day) and I wear my cute little workout outfits and feel good about that.
  • I haven't picked up Lauren Conrad's Style book since I last posted, though I did read through all of it except the makeup section. I have a few new style books on my list I'll be reading next. In the meantime, do you like fashion blogs? I do. These are my fave:
  • The Daybook
  • Selective Potential
  • What I Wore
  • Blonde Bedhead
  • Sterling Style
  • Seriously, check these ladies out... they're awesome and inspiring! Do you have any recommendations for fashion/style blogs or books?
2. DIET | Reach my goal weight.
  • As a matter of fact, I rejoined Weight Watchers, my fave program, just last week... and I already lost 3.8 pounds this week! Whoo hoo. I had joined before Christmas but slacked off with the move, and it feels great to be back on track. I love their cookbooks! And I'm obsessed with the new PointsPlus program. It's awesome. I can eat all the fruit I want... and I do!
3. LOVE | Plan for & have the perfect wedding.
  • In progress! I've booked our hotel for our wedding night, ordered my garter, ordered the bridesmaids gifts, ordered my jewelry... I'm making some headway! Now, if only I could sort out this guest accommodations situation. More on this in a future post.
4. BUSINESS | Launch my design business.
  • Graphic Grace Design launched January 1st, and I've since added two pages... please follow me! 
  • GGD on Facebook
  • GGD on Twitter
  • I've registered my business in the state of Virginia, and filed for an EIN with the IRS. We're legit, baby!
  • I have 3 new clients this month alone... all brides to be, with wedding stationery projects. My favorite.
5. BLOG | Redesign & upkeep my blog.
  • Blog design: complete. I went with a "tattoo" theme, kind of emphasizing the "hard core" part of "Hard Corps Love." I myself don't have any tattoos... yet. I'm too indecisive. But I love swallow tattoos and so of course I incorporated both those and hearts! I like the look for now... hopefully it lasts awhile.
  • Blog upkeep: getting better. I am getting better, aren't I?
Unfortunately, lover boy and I have dinner plans tonight, so I'll have to finish up these updates in a bit. For now, I'm off for some Mexican with a very hot date! Happy Friday, everyone. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!