Sooo... honestly, I've been semi-busy as usual. We're still unpacking and getting all moved in! Our little Gypsy has been keeping us on our toes... she's so stinkin' cute, we just love her to pieces!
So randomly, one of those community college continuing-ed flyers came in the mail, and they had an "Intro to Wedding Planning" course. I signed up for it spontaneously (with Joshua's blessing, of course) and took the two-night course out of curiosity, and then just knew... this was something I wanted to do!
You all know how obsessed I've been with planning my own wedding... I think the "Wedding Wednesday" posts may give that away, yeah? ;-) When I saw this was something I could be professionally trained for, I jumped at the chance to check it out.
After the class ended, I did my research and found a full certification program through an online wedding institution... I'm just waiting for my course books and I start in a couple of weeks!
Here are my thoughts...
- I love everything about weddings, and I don't want the planning to end when I'm done with mine.
- I love designing wedding stationery, and I want to continue doing so.
- I could offer my stationery/custom design services as a package deal with my wedding planning services.
- Even if I only continue to design invitations/stationery/etc., I'm giving myself more credibility by marketing myself as a certified wedding planner.
- Eventually, I'd also love to offer photography services for engagement sessions or what not, also to be included in a possible "package deal."
- Eventually, some of my friends/family may also want to join me and we can do this together across the country (a couple have already approached me with shared excitement)!
I guess I'll just see where it all goes. For now, I am just SO excited. YAY WEDDINGS!!!