14 February 2011

Lover's Day


Happy Valentine's Day, blog land. My lover boy is in the field today and tomorrow, so it's just me and the pup this year. We did have a fun-filled weekend Saturday at IKEA and yesterday at the commissary, and topped it off by exchanging cards and heart-shaped boxes of chocolates late last night. :-)

That was, of course, before we stayed up until 3am getting Joshua's gear all packed up and prepping our meals for the week. We totally hit up Target a few minutes before closing to get Joshua a lunch bag for this field op. Hehe.

We've only spent one Valentine's Day together in 4 years, thanks to the Marine Corps! Ah well. It's a hard corps love kinda thing, this military lifestyle. And if he's happy, I'm happy.

Enjoy your loved ones today!

4 comments:

  1. I am a new follower :)

    I also have only spent one Valentine with my love in the past 5 years thanks to the Marine Corp. Hopefully this time next year I will be welcoming him home from a deployment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah! I know how you feel. This will be our second only Valentine's Day together as a couple... EVER! Isn't the Marine Corps grand? LOL. Sounds like you guys made the best of it though. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boo! Crazy Marine Corps! Hope you are liking the new station :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!