31 March 2011

Irish Birthday Care Package

Yesterday was my mom's 55th birthday! She recently went back to school and earned her teaching certificate, then after a few months of job searching, scored an incredible job as a Teaching Assistant at a preschool! I'm sooo proud of her.

For her birthday this year, I knew she wanted a new lunch bag to take to school everyday. So Joshua and I went all out at the PX and got her a Vera Bradley lunch bag, eyeglasses case, notepad, pencil case, and binder clips! My mom loves Vera.

She also loves St. Patrick's Day, so that's why I themed this care package around the holiday. Her grandmother (my great-grandmother) came straight off the boat from Ireland! We're proud of our heritage. :-)



Deployment or not, any holiday or special occasion is a great reason to make or send a care package!

10 comments:

  1. love it! and care packages <3 -genna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the carepackage! Yours so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow, What a cute care package!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so sweet with your care packages! i'm sure they earned you the 'best fiancee ever' award while joshua was deployed :) it really is a great idea - what better way to make someone feel thought about than send them a bunch of their favorites? your mom's a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sweet care package for your Mom! Wishing her all the best at her new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty awesome care package! :)

    I'm your swap partner and newest follower :D I'll be in touch this evening when my little crazies go down for bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you care Package! Would you mind sharing with me how you do them? So super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! I'm a new follower from the Military Monday Blog hop and also a Marine Wife. Please stop by my page sometime.
    http://themizenfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!