03 March 2011

Real Time

Let's face it. I'm not a very good blogger. Or... more that I'm not a very reliable blogger. Sometimes, more often than most really, I blog once a least at the most. I know I suck. I don't really feel like I have a lot to say... or when I do have things to say, they're all wedding related.

And let's face that, too. Wedding related posts all the time when you aren't a wedding blogger, aren't engaged, or don't care about weddings like I do can just get annoying after awhile.

So, I'm going to try to blog more. Comment more, too. It's part of my 11 in '11 plan, after all.

Yesterday was one of the coolest days ever. Seriously, guys. I went to a COUPONING workshop offered on base, and not only did I learn a whole ton about couponing (which I'm planning to share for interested friends here soon), but I also met a blogger in Real Life, completely unplanned!

At the end of the class, one of the girls who had been giving a lot of input as to her own couponing methods (always appreciated!), came up to me and said, "I've been wanting to meet you. I read your blog!" I was totally shocked and surprised, because that's never happened to me before, and it was so exciting.


Turns out, it was Holly from Semper Fi to Apple Pie! When I had first mentioned moving to Quantico, she left me helpful comments about the area and where to look for housing. I've been so busy since we moved in that it completely slipped my mind that she actually lives here too.

As if that wasn't enough fun, right after meeting Holly I met another Marine wife who was also in that wedding planning class I took last month, remember that post? I knew she was married to a Marine, but I never expected to see her again after the class ended. Let alone in a couponing class. Small world, isn't it?

She overheard that I had a blog when I was talking to Holly, and asked for the link. So Jolene, if you're reading this, hello!

Quantico is quickly becoming my favorite place ever.

6 comments:

  1. Small world! Quantico is pretty awesome and Holly is so sweet (: I was glad to meet her and Kaylee from Moore than a Mrs a little while back. Glad you're liking the new base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I am glad you are here too, and I can't wait for all of us bloggers to get together soon. And girl, I want to know some of your wedding planning. The hubs and I didn't have a real one, (we got married in Vegas-- not my dream wedding, lol) and I eventually want to start planning on the real deal. :)

    I hope I see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how neat. That pretty much makes you a celebrity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your couponing!

    Aww, Quantico! I sure do miss the Motherland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love real life bloggy meetups! Especially surprise ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought Quantico was fun... I really liked having an IKEA so close... *sigh* IKEA *dreamlike stare*

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!