25 March 2011

Terrible Twos

My dogs are monsters.

No really, monsters.

They poop and pee everywhere.

Well fine, that isn't fair. Lady poops & pees everywhere! Gypsy is potty-trained. But Gypsy... she likes to fight Lady. A lot. And bark.

Oh, the barking.

It's making working from home not as fun. I can't wait until they're potty-trained and I can give them the run of the house. 

So they stop barking. And pooping. And peeing.


I love my dogs, I love my dogs, I love my dogs.

No really, I love my dogs.

I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Aside from lovin' on my puppies, giving them baths, mopping the floors and spraying the carpets with pet stain remover, I've been working out like a mad-woman. 85 days to the wedding. I'm working out twice a day and doing P90X.


I've also been working on invitation designs, yogurt designs, tea designs, rice designs... I love design.

I love my job. I love my puppies. I love working out.

Only 2/3 of that is true. Can you guess which isn't?

So yes, that's where I've been. Puppies, P90X, and working. Phew!

  

10 comments:

  1. Puppies are a lot of work but when they snuggle with you it almost makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel your pain. It was 3 weeks with our two puppies (both around 12 weeks when we got them) until they went a whole day without going inside, as long as there was someone here to let them out when they asked. And it was miserable for me, being a first-time dog owner (and, of course, the only one home with them all day to clean up after them!) Hang in there. This, too, shall pass.

    And, not to sound preachy or imply you don't know what you're doing, but we hit a breakthrough when we did both punishment and rewards - BIG trouble for going inside, lots of praise and a treat for going outside. So, I don't know if that's part of your strategy, it's just what worked for us. Either way, I'm sure you'll break through before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by from the Weekly Roundup. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We Marine Wives always like to welcome another to the Corps.
    Trace @ www.avgordsuprgddss.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they sure are cute :) Hang in there!!! And holy smokes! Working out twice a day?! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the roundup! I've gotta say .. good luck with TWO pups in the house; we have a hard enough time with ONE pup. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my good gracious.....most adorable monsters *ever*! the puppy stage can really try a person's patience, so thank goodness they're cute. i hope your p90x regiment is going well...those videos are so intense. i'm always huffing and puffing midway through, but it sort of helps that the instructor is all pumped about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable!! But I get the frustration. Hang in there. And that is really exciting about you wedding being so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gah! my dogs are monsters too! In fact, that is what we refer to them as..."the monsters".
    They are also small dogs- A mini schnauzer and a scottie.
    So glad you stopped by my blog! I am a new follower of yours and I already enjoy you posts :)

    -Erinn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to start working out again! being in Jacksonville has not helped...I hate wind and the cold air..and now it's finally warming up before we leave...ugh.. I love your blog..thought I'd leave a comment so im not a stalker haha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!