02 May 2011

Raising the Flag

Hello blog land! Checking in to let you all know I'm still alive and well. April was such a busy month for Joshua & I, and since I didn't have much of a chance to blog, I've decided start May off with a few posts focused on the highlights of the past month before moving into May (which is of course my birthday month and favorite month of the year)! :-)

April started off with my handsome Marine volunteering to raise the flag for the grand opening weekend of Kings Dominion theme park. Being from up north, I'd never heard of Kings Dominion, but because of his volunteer work we were given two free tickets and free meal tickets!

I was so proud of Joshua in his blues, during the ceremony, and throughout the flag raising. It's so awesome to become more and more accustomed to this military way of life. The longer I'm apart of it, the more I understand and appreciate it.

 
 

I went both Saturday and Sunday to support Joshua and his fellow Marines. I loved watching them practice before the park opened up. I loved seeing everyone stop what they were doing to listen to the beautiful singing of the National Anthem and flag raising. I loved everything about it!

We'll be going back one day soon to try out the park. We can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool thing to do! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE King's Dominion! I need to get our season passes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what King's Dominion is, but the pictures are very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats must have been great to see. BTW I love your pictures:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!