18 July 2011

A Note on Following

I've been making some techie changes around my blog lately, so I just wanted to say that if you saw today that you have me as your newest blog follower... rest assured I've been following you all along! I switched my email address and Google accounts to my new last name (!!), and I took my blog with it. So there has been a bit of transition switching over the blogs I read/follow. I also changed my blog address to hardcorpslove.com, which is why my blog was out of commission for awhile during that change.

How do you all manage the blogs you read? I love Google Reader. All of the blogs I follow here also transfer over to Google Reader, but I also add blogs specifically to Reader so they don't clutter up my Blogger dashboard.

My favorite thing about Reader is that I can organize how I read my blogs by category. This makes it sooo much easier, because I have a million blogs I follow, but obviously I can't spend all day or week reading them all. So I made a category of my 5-10 "Favorites" that I read daily, and then the rest are broken up by content.


This way, if one day I'm in the mood to catch up on Home Decor blogs, I can just check those out. Wedding blogs another day? Easy peasy. Time to coupon? I click my Couponing category. Makes life simple. :-)

More ch- ch- ch- changes coming soon. I'm still figuring out what the heck to do as far as keeping a personal/professional blog... but either way, I'll definitely be tweaking the design in the next few weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Well that makes sense! I've never used the Google Reader. Maybe I should give it a shot. Very cool [dot]com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'll definitely have to check out Google Reader. My dashboard is super cluttered and really annoying me! I'll make the switch tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this, I am definitely going to have to check out Google Reader! I love your blog! Congrats on the new marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is adorable and congrats on getting married! Welcome to the Marine Corps! thanks for following us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you could do that... Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know you could change your blog address.... I am going to have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Google Reader to read ALL my blogs, I love it. I never used Dashboard. My reader isn't too organized but nearly all the blogs I read are milspouse blogs so I dont need too much organizing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!