02 December 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

With Christmas less than 24 days away, I put together a little list of a few of my favorite things. I debated calling this list "What I Have That You Need," but refrained from it so you wouldn't know how bossy I really am. But for reals, friends, this stuff is the best. And basically, you just need it all. Mmk? K.


♥ Smashbox HIGH Definition Healthy FX Foundation
WHY YOU NEED THIS: It's amazing. The coverage is flawless, and it goes on beautifully with a big, thick bristled brush or makeup sponges. It's oil-free and full of all kinds of ingredients to make the most of your already gorgeous skin.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: If you live by a military base, I buy it there at the PX. If not, check out Sephora or Amazon.

♥ Project Life
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Because your time is precious, and you're really too busy to scrapbook. But you still want to print & save your photos, and maybe there are a few things you want to remember about them. Project Life is really just a big photo album with journalling cards to help you document your life. It's scrapbooking for us busy folks. Take a photo, print your photo, fill out a little journalling card and BAM! you're done. Best part? It's all color coordinated, there are 4 different themes to choose from, and you can order the pieces individually to get what works for you.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: Check out Becky's website (creator of Project Life) for a full list of products. The one I have (in my list above) is the Amber theme with the old binder. Now all the binders are new & even better quality! I'm just waiting for everything to get re-stocked so I can order mine for 2012.

♥ Vera Bradley Tote Bag
WHY YOU NEED THIS: It's the perfect big tote to toss anything you like into it. I use mine just for work Monday thru Friday. It fits my lunch bag, my planner, my makeup pouch, my wallet, and a whole lot else. I have the "Vera" style in "Suzani," which I love because the color is so versatile— black, brown, tan, and pops of color.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: On base at the PX. But Vera is sold everywhere. Lots of Hallmark stores or Crabtree & Evelyn carry Vera. There's also the Vera Bradley website.

♥ Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Rose gold is beautiful, and such a nice change from silver. It's a lighter, pinky gold, so not as brass as solid gold watches come off. I wear it with gold, silver, white gold, anything. It adds a little flair to any outfit!
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: This one was a birthday gift from Joshua... though I'm pretty sure he got it at the PX. Check in store at Macys or online at Amazon or Zappos.

♥ iPhone 4S
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Best. Phone. Ever. My favorite thing about it? The 8 MP camera. Yuhhh... it takes incredible photos. Next favorite thing? How easy it is to access email, Facebook, Twitter, the Internet, and my blog list. Next? That I can organize my apps into little groups. I have a group of utility apps, music apps, health & fitness apps, finance apps, shopping apps, and entertainment apps. Seriously. You don't know what you've been missing until you have this.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: Best Buy Mobile. But it really doesn't matter. It's the same price everywhere. Get the smallest size (16 GB), it's all you'll need.

♥ Sperry Top-Sider Nassau Boat Shoes
WHY YOU NEED THIS: The warm-weather version of boat shoes! Suede, cute tassels, and leopard print soles. What's not to love?
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: On base. They're also on sale at Zappos now. Snatch them up quick!

♥ Urban Decay Naked Palette
WHY YOU NEED THIS: The best palette out there for rich, smooth, neutral eyeshadows. I saw this palette about a year ago, and after reading a million raving reviews online, I had to have it. But it was backordered. So of course that meant I had to have it even more, right? When it finally became available again online at Sephora, I bought it. Then it sat in my makeup drawer for the last 9 months. I finally took this baby out about 2 weeks ago, and I'm in love. It's everything they say it is and the shades are very blendable. Get it!
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: Online at Sephora.

♥ Organize Now! A Week-by-Week Guide to Simply Your Life & Your Space
WHY YOU NEED THIS: This book goes week by week, room by room, section by section with all sorts of tips and checklists to fill out as you go. I love that it looks like a planner— so cute. I've gone back to it over the years and my plan for 2012 is to conquer the whole book. The newest edition is a pretty orange color (the first was green).
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: A bookstore, not sure which since I've had it for so long. It's definitely at Amazon, too.

♥ Keurig Brewer
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Mmm, hot drinks. Variety. No clean up. This is a favorite in the Ploscik house because I do not drink coffee, but Joshua does. So he gets his flavored coffees, and what do I get? Hot Apple Cider, Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa, Chai Latte, Southern Sweet Iced Tea, Brewed Raspberry Tea. Oh, so many possibilities. 
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: This was a Christmas gift last year from my daddy-o. Ours is the Special Edition B60— not sure what that means, but it has a removable tray to fit go-cups under it and 3 different brewing sizes. Check out Amazon, Target, Walmart, Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond... just about everywhere has these babies.

10 ♥ Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack
WHY YOU NEED THIS: What? Don't we all have our guilty pleasures? It doesn't matter that I listen to this obsessively on my drive to-and-from work each day. It relaxes me. So it will relax you, too. Movie-seeing and book-reading not required.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: In store at Target while it was on sale. 

11 ♥ Jo Totes Rose Camera Bag
WHY YOU NEED THIS: It's the prettiest, girliest, most functional camera bag ever! At $89, it's one of the most affordable, too. My Jo Tote fits my Canon camera, 3-4 lenses, and all of my regular purse contents so that I only have to take this with me when I'm going out & about with my camera. Love, love love.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: Online at JoTotes. There are a bunch of other gorgeous colors & styles, too.

12 ♥ Tupperware Vent 'N Serve
WHY YOU NEED THIS: Um, hello? Who doesn't like to keep their food fresh? Haha, really though— this is my favorite Tupperware. They're microwavable containers and they are FAB for leftovers. The next day, I can pop it straight into the microwave and voila! No extra dirty dishes. I know Tupperware can be expensive, so if you're in the market to invest in some— this is my #1 choice. 
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: I hosted a party with my mom a couple years back, so I got the full set at a huge discount. Definitely do it that way to save the most money.

13 ♥ Hobo Lauren Clutch
WHY YOU NEED THIS: It's a double frame clutch wallet that holds all your IDs, cash, cards, phone and even lip gloss! I got this after reading the amazing review on PinkLouLou's blog. I wanted a neutral color so I got it in Stone. I love that it's my wallet but it's also a clutch, so I can carry it in my purse or on its own.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: LouLou is right about shopping around. I got mine on eBay! 

14 ♥ Ugg Bailey Button Triplet Boots
WHY YOU NEED THIS: They are like slipping your feet into heaven. I really never got into Uggs because they were so ugly. Then, just a month or so ago, I tried on my first pair ever— barefoot. They were so comfy they became cute. So cute, they are my new favorite boots. Love.
WHERE I BOUGHT IT: Also on base, at the PX. Definitely shop around for these... I paid nowhere near the $200 price tag on the Ugg website!


14 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! I do. I do, I do, I do. I'd marry it, probably, if it asked.
    I'm having a huge domesti-nerd moment over your Tupperware suggestion; I mean, hi, PERFECT! Why move leftovers from a container that's already got everything in it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you seem to be a snotty person with all of these rich gifts. why not share something that is going to cost a fortune? this post gives me less respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a majority of those things and completely agree! LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those things seem amazing!!!! I am so happy that you are able to get those things because you have worked so hard to be able to buy those things....it shows people what they can have in life if they follow there dreams and work!!
    <3 brandi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there are plenty items on the list that are reasonably priced and would be worth spending money on.. organizer, soundtrack, vera bradley (def. worth it!), makeup, clutch, etc. And hey, we can all add at least one pricey thing to our list this year, right?! a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of those, and some of the ones I don't, are on my wish list. I used to want the new iPhone, but I am happy with the droid I got back this summer. I adore my Hobo Lauren clutch. Literally, the best wallet ever! I've asked the hubs for the Naked Eye Palette and Michael Kors watch. I've been wanting the watch for like a year. Did you know there is a Naked Eye Palette #2 now? I don't have a Jo Totes bag, but I have a Kelly Moore bag. Both are perfect and stylish for carrying the camera around. I think all these items are pretty reasonably priced. None are super expensive in my opinion. You can always find sales on this stuff. Plus, these items are even worth paying full price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anonymous,
    Most people I know of have a few select people on their holiday shopping list that they like to spend a little more money on. This post includes several different gift ideas for those people. The idea is not to buy ALL of these items at once, for one person... I believe the idea is to see an item or two that you might enjoy, or you may enjoy for someone you know to help you with your shopping.
    and BTW.... CD's, books, and tupperware are NOT expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will take one of each please!! I have a clutch in that color and I use it ALL THE TIME! It matches with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This list is very thoughtful. I love all of these items-particularly the makeup, the clutch and organizer. Cant go wrong with MK too! I am getting a crossoverr purse I've been eyeballing for Christmas this year!!
    Now I am eyeballing that watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your list! I always thought UGGs were ugly too until Ant got me a pair a few years ago for xmas. so in love with them- and they last a while. I have had mine i would say 3 years and they are in awesome shape. And also love the Kuerig- we are obsessed with ours! I think your list is pretty awesome just like I think you are. That post from Anonymous is pretty lame.. if you don't like her blog post then stop reading. Not very good holiday spirit to be mean to others. Love you D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brand new reader! I had to stop by and see this ridiculous list after seeing Whitney tweet about it (am I the nosiest person you don't know, or what???) Ummm... if I don't have the items on this list they sure are on my deployment shopping list! You get what you pay for and good quality things can be expensive- that aside, I LOVE this list of FABULOUS gift ideas! Don't let annonymous get you upset. New follower because I happen to LOVE your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your list :) There are a lot of fun things on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your list! i want those shoes now, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi...just randomly came across your blog through a friend and wanted to say thanks for the Tupperware shout out!! My parents are the franchisee's for Utah and we always love when people love the product!! By the way you and your husband are darling and so is your blog:)

    Ashlee
    ashleebills(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!