16 January 2012

Blogging Break

Hello loves!

As usual, life has been busy. I feel like there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. It's like my to-do list gets longer and the days get shorter! There is so much I want to get done around the house, at work, with projects, etc. that when it comes time to sit down and write a blog post... I'm just not there.

With that said, I have decided that something has to give, and right now— it's the blog. I'm going to take a break from blogging for the rest of January. Outside of my 9-5 day job, there are too many things I want to accomplish right now. I mean, you saw my list of resolutions. That's pretty important stuff!

I need time to focus on meal planning, working out, and losing weight. I need time to catch up on the design projects that are long overdue... a blog design for a friend, logo update for a cousin, wedding invites for a client. I need time to organize our house, and get rid of what we don't want or need, and fill up the empty photo frames. I need time to work on my projects:

Project Life  | catching up on 2011 and keeping up with 2012
One Little Word | my word is LESS and I will share more next month!
Simplify Your Life Challenge | 52 weeks of exactly what I need this year
Buttoned Up Challenge | great way to get started in organizing everything
Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover | using the cash envelope system this year & already saving!

Yes, I clearly have a lot of projects going on. But you know what? That's what I do for fun. Without it I'd be all work and no play, and that makes Dani a dull girl. 

Lastly, I need time to focus on my blog! My plan this year is to migrate over to Wordpress. I have the hosting space reserved, the theme bought, and now I just have to figure out all the techie stuff. I need to update my blog, and stay on top of it... like my sidebars over there? ---> Seriously outdated.


Which of course leads to my latest project: the SITS Girls 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge. It starts today, so you all can still join in!

I love my blog. I want it to be better. I want to be more committed. Hopefully, if I can work on the other things and get a better balance and routine going, blogging with just fit right back in again, like it used to.

I'll be back in February with some MAJOR updates on my projects and progress! I already have Project Life layouts to share and David Ramsey tips to pass along. ♥ February will be a busy month on the blog.

Wish me luck! I'm always available via email or by leaving a comment, too.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!