02 February 2012

"Quoted"

Just wanted to jump on during my lunch break to post about a design project I did last month. I love it when projects find me, rather than me having to find it… isn't that the best? A co-worker of mine asked me if I would be willing to design something for her daughter's birthday. Her daughter is majoring in music at college, and plans to use her talents to join the Marine Corps Band. Neat, right?!

There are 3 quotes that are very meaningful to her, and I was asked to make them into something she could hang on her wall, either at home or in her dorm room. My favorite part about this project is how she described her daughter:
"My Meg is not a frilly girl; she likes things simple but loves bold color. She would never wear a blouse with frills or a flower print.  She will wear horizontal stripes that are all the same width, she will not wear a suit with a print but she will add a very bright blouse under a solid fabric."
What a great way to describe someone I've never met! That was all I needed to put together the posters.

{click to enlarge}

Now I'm inspired to make some posters of my favorite quotes to frame and hang on my wall. I also shared this on my Facebook page and one of my girlfriends said she has a quote or two she wants "designed." I love quotes that have personal meaning!

My favorite quote lately is from Winston Churchill. "Failure to plan is planning to fail." It was posted at a Weight Watchers meeting (yay, 9 pounds lost!) and I've been living by it ever since. I find that when I plan ahead, everything in life is just... better.

Do you have a favorite quote? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have so many favorite quotes. I have a whole book just of Walt Disney quotes. Just to pick one, and it sounds negative but I think you'll understand: "I resent the limits of my own imagination." ~ Walt Disney

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite has always been, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." by Plato.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey love-

    Here are 2 of my fav quotes for your viewing pleasure:)

    “Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen.”

    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quotes, the one I try to live by these days, is the following: "In order to believe in your own choices, you don't need to prove other people's choices are wrong." - Paulo Coelho

    Aka, live and let live :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Please let me know you've stopped by!